Thursday, November 18, 2010

Starting Over

It's been a long while since I've written on this thing. Partially because I don't know if people really use the blogisphere anymore to tell their stories, but I figured why not give it a go again.
So over the last 8 months not a lot has happened. I had mediocre success in any race I did, either mountain or road, road a lot of junk miles, ate like crap and fell into a depression. It's been a real journey for me to get to where I am right now. Racing a mountain bike again was fun, and I did meet some nice people, and it was fun watching the national/international pros race and be able to shoot photos of them doing it. The thing about the racing out here is that the series is too short, the venues leave a lot to be desired and most of the people are sandbaggers. Even the guy who sponsors the series was a sandbagger. He was getting top 15 times of the pro and still racing the Cat 1 's. Something's wrong with that.
But, with that said, I realized that I forgot how I needed to train for racing again after being on the road for two years for Trek. All the racing I did hurt way more than it should've and left me very disappointed with myself. This put me further into my depression.
So onto the present. I have been on medication for the past 6 months and it's been working great. I have work to do still, but it's helped me get my head cleared and start setting goals. I raced Cross last weekend and finished 8th out of 16, so mid pack. That was a victory for me though, I suffered hard in that one. I got as high as 6th but started to fade at the end. So that gave me a boost in the morale and I have a plan going now for when racing starts up again in February. I plan on racing the mtn. bike in the beginning of the year, with a few road in there, and then switching over to road by June. The off road season is really short out here. Ok, that's the story so far.

No comments: