Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cleared

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday for another follow up x ray. It was good news as I was given the go ahead to start the real physical therapy. It also turns out that I really didn't know just how bad the "fractures" were. For the first time, I really looked at the x rays, and saw that there was a clean long break on the top of mu femur. The worst one of the 4 fractures. It really turned out that the bone broke and was folded behind my femur. That's why the bar going across my pelvis is there.  Guess I blocked it out because I really didn't wan to know. But now that I can start PT, I'm more interested in what's going on.
So with the good news, I started walking a bit without the crutches too. Not much, but as long as there isn't pain, the doc said it was fine. I also will be heading out on my first ride outside on the bike by the end of the month with my One Way Cycling team. Looking forward to seeing them, and sharing that moment with them, since they have all been so supportive through this whole thing. I think the July 6th date of trying to do 100 miles might actually happen.

No comments: