Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Moving Along

Well yesterday I got the ok from my doctor to start riding the trainer. I thought this day would never come. Last night I went out to set up the bike and get it ready for this morning to get out there and try it out before I hobbled my way into the shower for work.
It was nice to put on a kit, even though I really didn't need to, but old habits die hard. I used my Felt cross bike that my buddy Q loaned to me. It has Crank Brother Candy pedals, which are super easy in and out, so easy that it didn't cause any pain to use them. Morgan was out there to help me get on and off the bike, which wasn't too awkward. I had to swing my leg over and behind the saddle to get on, but I managed.
Once I was on, I sat there for a second, not believing that I was on a bike again! I started to pedal, very slowly. I've done enough PT to get my leg comfortable to bend sitting down like it normally would, but the motion of pedaling proved that I still have some work to do on that. I was on the bike for maybe ten minutes, and was able to make a dozen revolutions before it started to get uncomfortable, but it was 10 minutes more than the prior month and a half. So I'll take it. More to come as this progression keeps moving along.

1 comment:

Kenny McCarthy said...

12 revolutions in 10 minutes. I can't imagine how tough that is. Good job Matt, keep it up!